P J's Notes

Monday, April 10, 2006

Over the Weekend...

Thursday I left out of here at 12:00 p.m. and went home. I went upstairs and changed to a pair of jeans and then laid down on the couch and Sukiey got up there with me. We took a nap, then later Chris called me to say she was coming up with another cage. I grabbed Sukiey, but couldn’t hold onto her and she took off to her “hidey-hole” and so Chris had to come on in and get her because I couldn’t. We got her in the carry cage and went on downstairs. Of course she squalled while in the elevator since she doesn’t like the movement they make. Once we were out of there, though, she was fine.

Jean’s sister, Becky, had decided she would go with us – so we loaded up Chris’ car – put Sukiey’s cage on the back seat and Becky sat back there with her. We headed over to the Vet’s office – and had a short wait for Dr. Boyd. Sukiey was called for while I was dealing with the front office ladies – and so Chris took her to the exam room. When I got done, I joined Chris in there. Dr. Boyd announced to me that Sukiey had gained a pound – which was good because it meant she was eating good. As for Sukiey’s hair loss, she said it could be a number of things and told us what some options would be. We decided to hold off for now and see how she does in 3 weeks when she goes back for her next feline HIV booster. She got the shot and then when Chris opened the door of the cage, Sukiey just sat there and Chris had to “encourage” her to get her to go back in the cage.

I had written the Vet’s office a check for $87.00 – which included a single dose of Revolution – the flea and heartworm medication, plus the cost of the feline HIV shot she was getting and a balance due from the previous visit that we didn’t pay. That clears the ledger on Sukiey for now.

We left and headed over to the post office, where I put the package with my friend Carol’s letter and some stuff in the mail to her, and also purchased a book of stamps. Then, we went back to Sterling Towers and took Sukiey up to my apartment. She ran out of the cage when we opened it after going inside. She headed straight for one of her “hidey-hole” spots. Chris took the cage back down to her apartment and dropped it off; then she, Becky and I headed out again. This time, we were en route to Pet Smart.

At Pet Smart I got a pail of Tidy Cat litter – 27 pounds – and noticed that with my Pet Perks card it was on sale for $8.49 and I had a $2.00 off coupon, so it would be $6.49 plus tax. Chris also had a $2.00 off coupon and so she got a pail as well. Becky was purchasing cat food for her cat, Midnight. When we got up to the register to check out, they went to one register and I went to another. Well, Chris realized that they gave us the $2.00 off for the coupon, but not the Pet Perks price. The clerk said the litter wasn’t on sale and we told him it was – that there was a sale tag on the shelf. One of the managers went back to check and found the sale tag we were talking about; when he returned he had it with him. He said he would honor the sale price – and he refunded $2.14 to each of us – because the sale tag was still up on the shelf when it should’ve been taken down. Later we decided someone on his crew probably got chewed out because that tag hadn’t been removed.

We returned to Sterling Towers and unloaded the car. We got buggy to put everything in – Chris dropped off her cat litter pail down- stairs – then we went up and dropped Becky’s stuff in her apartment and then went on up to mine and dropped my stuff off. Chris went back down and returned the buggy and took her pail of litter to her place. Later, Chris and I met back up and headed out to the Kroger in Brandon – we met Ronnie and Beverly there – and went shopping. Ronnie is big into coupon shopping. At the end of the trip, I had purchased almost $40.00 worth of groceries yet paid less than $20.00 for them. I saved 53% on the bill. J J

Then, we stopped at Krystal on the way back and got something for dinner. At Sterling, we unloaded our purchases and headed on to our apartments. I put my stuff away and got ready and went to bed. Sukiey has found a spot in the bed that she claims as her own. She gets on a pillow that’s above my head – because I don’t sleep all the way at the top next to the headboard. She likes that spot and I let her have it.

Friday I slept in and later on got a call from Chris. She was taking her car to be serviced – the oil needed to be changed – and to be checked out since it was making a noise we weren’t sure about. She said she would call me later after she knew what was going on. I went down and did laundry and then hung out with Sukiey for a while. Chris called later in the day and was back. They had found that the timing belt was about to come off – so they had changed it – and also changed the oil. We went out – to CVS to get those pre- scriptions that I had ordered refills of. Then we went to Pet Smart again and got a copy of Pit Road Pets – a photo book of the NASCAR stars and their pets, a bag of Purina ONE and a couple of other things – a jug of Friskies Chef’s Blend for one thing.

We were under a severe weather watch – but the severe part never materialized as far as I know. We did get the rain, though. And – it cooled us down as well, because Saturday morning it was down around 57 degrees when Chris and I left to go meet Ronnie for our newspaper gig. We did 3 routes each – as Ronnie picked up some extra work for us and it was around 3:30-4:00 p.m. when we finished – actually I finished at least an hour and a half ahead of Chris.

When we left there, we stopped at Krystal and I got a cross between lunch and dinner – as I was hungry. Then we went on to Sterling and I went up to my apartment and laid down for a little while with Sukiey to rest. Chris had to almost turn right around and head out again – she had about an hour before going back out to her Church group meeting.

Well – I overslept Sunday morning – I’m going to have to fix my alarm clock so that I don’t keep doing that. So – I missed Church again. Oops! Sukiey and I got on the couch and fell back asleep. Later in the day I watched the NASCAR race and strangely enough, I can’t remember who won. L L I watched some of the Sunday Night Baseball game on ESPN before going to bed. I did accomplish something Sunday – I did some cleaning of my desk and threw out a lot of trash – about ¾ of a garbage bag full. I’m not done with cleaning the desk though – I just got tired from working on it and had to quit. I’ll continue with it at a later time.

I also got my deadbolt issue corrected – it appears. Chris told me to spray some cooking oil on the key and then try inserting it in the lock and to go in and out with it in order to lubricate the tumbler inside. I did – and it worked. I tried it several times and it was working. I had been having trouble getting the key to go in the lock. Now it slides right on in. So – this morning I locked the deadbolt when I left for work. She came up and checked out my sink and disposal – and the water is draining much better now, but she says I need to have Jean to send Hewlit up to work on it. I may request that later this week.

I got to bed around 8:30 p.m. Sunday night and woke up a couple of times. Sukiey was in her favorite spot. One of the times was around 4:00 a.m. I woke up with a coughing spasm and Sukiey didn’t appreciate that, so she got up and went and got on the couch. I was disturbing her beauty sleep! J J I got up and got a drink of water to ease the coughing issue.

Oh yeah – I did finish reading Paul and the next book I plan to start is The Journey How to Live By Faith In An Uncertain World by Billy Graham. I have the book with me today if I get time to do any reading. Right now things are quiet – but they could break loose at any time…

Also – in the mail over the long weekend was the purple paw pin that I ordered from The Animal Rescue Site. I have it on – clamped to my polo shirt collar – this morning. I think it’s pretty cool myself…

I talked with Chris for a few minutes this morning…she said she has a doctor’s appointment this afternoon – cardiology I think – and that she’s going to stop and get some canned cat food while she’s out because that’s the only way she can keep Precious – a problem child cat – in her apartment instead of rambling off somewhere. I have plenty of canned food for Sukiey – so I suppose that I won’t be buying anymore for a couple of weeks.

Oh – while we were at Pet Smart on Thursday, I decided to purchase a tee shirt. The proceeds were going to Pet Smart Charities. The tee shirt was $10.00 and there was no sales tax. I haven’t worn it yet, though, because I didn’t want to get it dirty doing newspaper stuff and I didn’t go with Chris Saturday evening to the “Fun Night” at her Church. I was just too tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home