P J's Notes

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Evangelism Explosion - 3/28 and 4/4/06 and some notes

Good morning friends and family....

I'm sorry I haven't passed on the EE Reports for the past two weeks before now. My life has been like a whirlwind of late. Here's why....

I moved back to working shift on Monday, March 14, 2006. Currently I'm working 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday. That means that I have Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.

The first Thursday I was off, my friend Chris and I took Sukiey (my newly adopted cat) to the Vet for a check up and her shots. Dr. Boyd checked her over thoroughly and ran the feline HIV test on her - it came back negative, so she gave her the feline HIV vaccine in addition to the other annual shots that were due. Friday, Chris and I ran some errands - to Target and PetSmart and a couple of other places.

Saturday Chris and I worked our "newspaper job" - working at The Clarion-Ledger's distribution facility out in the airport metroplex. That entails for us to insert the comics section and advertisements into the preprinted sections of the newspaper - usually the real estate and Southern Style - and then someone comes behind us later on and adds the rest of the Sunday newspaper and bags them for the delivery carriers to pick up in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

After getting done there, we go somewhere to eat and then run any other shopping errands we might have before coming home. By that time, we're both pretty well worn out. However, we paid a visit to the Wal*Mart in Madison and did some shopping to check it out.

The second Thursday I was off - I went home and just "chilled out" with Sukiey and didn't do much.

Friday - 3/24 - my cousins Ray and Kay stopped in Jackon and we had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. Chris and I had a couple of errands to run afterwards.

Saturday was the newspaper job - it usually requires 6 or more hours of the day and we try to get started early - like around 7-7:30 a.m. if possible.

Sunday - well I was kind of lethargic and woke up later than I had planned; it was a beautiful day, so Chris and I decided to take a Sunday drive and we took her puppy, Romeo, with us. We rode over to Vicksburg and then on across the river on I-20 and stopped at the Louisiana Tourism Center in Mound. We took pictures crossing the river both ways and also at the Tourism Center with the big Louisiana sign. I got shots of Chris with Romeo and she got shots of me with Romeo. He was on his leash, of course.

On our way back, we detoured at Bolton and went to check out and get pictures of a horse farm we had seen from the Interstate. We were followed by the police - because of Chris' conspicous looking car - but they didn't stop or question us. Then, coming back into Jackson, we encountered police and emergency vehicles working an accident on I-20. There was a flipped 18 wheeler off of the side of the Interstate into a patch of trees.

This Thursday afternoon I spent at my friend Etta's house. We worked on the charitable organization's books on her computer and finally figured out what was wrong with her printer - it entailed a trip to Office Depot for print cartridges.

Friday Chris and I made a major shopping trip to the Wal*Mart in Pearl and when we got back to Sterling Towers, we were barely able to unload the car before Jean, the manager, was wanting us to go to Dr. Majure's office and get flea treatment for her sister's cat, Midnight. I put the perishable and frozen stuff away and came back down to ride with Chris over there and back.

Saturday - again we worked the newspaper job and I finished well ahead of Chris, so I went up to Krystal and got lunch for us. When I got back, she was still working at her runs; she stopped and ate, then I left out and went to Wal*Mart to get some things I had forgotten. By the time I got back, she was ready to go and she insisted that I was driving because of how tired she was.

When we got back to Jackson, I drove on to CVS Pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions and Chris came in and got batteries she needed, then she drove home.

I was exhausted and the time change didn't help me any. I overslept Sunday and missed Church again - once I finally woke up and got myself together, I went down and did several loads of laundry that had backed up.

Yesterday afternoon. it was quiet, not much going on around here and I was reading a book and about to go to sleep, so around 2:30 p.m., I asked and was granted permission to leave. I went home, got ready and climbed into bed. Sukiey joined me. We both fell asleep - I woke up about 4:30 p.m. and got changed into jeans and my Atlanta Braves tee shirt and put on my tennis shoes.

Then, I got the stuff I needed and went down stairs and over to meet Michele - who dropped off at Church for EE.

Here are the EE reports for 3/28 and 4/4/06 from Dot:

Dear Friends,

Evangelism Explosion is reaching such an exciting time in the semester!

The trainees have just about mastered the required memory work and are taking a very active part now in the presentation of the Gospel. Each week from now on, it will become more and more natural for them. They are certainly getting caught up in the joy of it all. As Bob Waller said to me tonight, " I just LOVE to go fishing!"....and I agree with him 100%.

Tonight we had 12 professions of faith...

Bob Waller, Chris Ball and Karen Ball led a young mother of three to Jesus tonight.
Vic Holsapple and Guy Reedy led a 50 yr old Catholic man to Jesus.
My team (Jan Boteler and Don Goss) led a 29 yr old, single, Catholic guy to Jesus.
Terri Wissel and Rick Olson, and Jamie Butler led a family of 9 in the UMC waiting room to Jesus!

The other teams had some very important appointments tonight as well. The Gospel was shared many times, and many people were drawn closer to our Lord. Those visits are so very important too because often it takes several spiritual conversations with someone before they are ready to pray to receive Christ. Each link in the chain of events leading to a profession of faith is very important.

We are so proud of our trainees. They are so faithful to study and do their homework and are doing very well ! God has blessed us this semester, and we are so very thankful.

Ronnie Falvey and Vic Holsapple are wonderful leaders for Evangelism Explosion. They love this ministry and their enthusiasm is contagious!

Thanks for being faithful prayer partners for us. Prayer gets for EE what only God can do.

" God blesses those who obey him: happy the man who puts his trust in the Lord."
Prov. 16:20
With His love,
Dot

Dear EE friends,

Hurray for daylight savings time! It certainly makes looking for addresses easier!

There were five professions of faith tonight and five other people needed assurance of their salvation. The Gospel was shared many times tonight in the Jackson area.

Bill Boteler, Terri Wissel and Kendra Sue Robinson led 20 year old Kim to the Lord tonight. Kim works for the MS State Hospital. She is a potential church member for us.

Bob Turner, Barbara Westerfield, and Peggy Alford led Brian and Elisa to the Lord. They are about 30 yrs old and also are potential church members for us.

Richard Corkern, Betty Hindman and Christopher Alexander led Lolita to the Lord. Lolita lost everything in NO during Katrina . She is 63 years old.... also a potential member.

Linda Clark, Hank Holman, and Ladd Bratcher led Bob to the Lord. Bob lives in the Belhaven area, and might possibly be interested our church too.

These teams will be busy next week following up on these new believers. Hopefully we can bring them into our fellowship at First Baptist, and they can be discipled further.

It is so exciting to watch the trainees gain confidence in witnessing as they carry the major portion of the Gospel presentation now.

The homemade loaves of sourdough bread, baked in our church kitchen, are such a hit with the people we visit. I trust the ladies in the church kitchen are experiencing a blessing for doing this for the Lord through EE.On the top of each loaf, we attach a message and a scripture that reads:
"Verily, verily, I say unto you. He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am the bread of life. " John 6: 47-48

Have a wonderful week! Thanks you for your faithful prayers.

Love,
Dot


My comments:

On 3/28 I went with Richard and Betty and we went to a trailer park next to Patrick Farms Golf Club. We did questionnaires and found that they were already Christians and perhaps just needed reassurrance of their salvation. Richard misplaced his portfolio and realized it after we left the park; we returned and I spotted where it was left, so he jumped out and went and retrieved it.

On 4/4 I went with Bob and Barbara. Originally Ronnie had me teamed with Vic and Guy, but at the last minute (literally - we were going to the car) changed his mind and put me with Bob and Barbara. Before leaving the Church, we called a guy named David, whom they had led to Jesus the week before about stopping by for follow-up. He was receptive and wanted us to call him back around 8:30 p.m. to see if he would be back home as he had to go out somewhere. We opted to go in the Belhaven area and knock on doors.

The second door we knocked on opened to us. There we met Brian and Elisa. We learned they were a married couple - Brian is from the Canton area while Elisa is from New Orleans - the lower 9th Ward near the Industrial Canal. She and I connected due to the fact that we're both "Louisiana girls". We quickly established the fact that Elisa was already a Christian - of the Pentecostal background - and that Brian had a Methodist type background, but didn't seem to have ever accepted Christ. So, we focused on Brian.

Bob, Barbara and I tag-teamed the presentation and at the end of it, when we asked if Brian would like to receive the gift of eternal life, Bob made sure that he clarified beyond a shadow of a doubt what this involved and then asked Brian again. Again he said yes. So, Bob handed things off to me to lead the time of commitment and have him to follow me in praying the Sinner's Prayer. Then we asked the diagnostic questions again and this time Brian scored an A+ - he knew the right answer to why he should be allowed into Heaven.

Before leaving, we formed a circle and joined hands and prayed together - Elisa reported that her sister Corrina (sp?) has anxiety attack issues. We pray for her and ask that you will too.

Also - please pray for Debbie - she's Ronnie Falvey's ministry assistant. One of her best and very close friends, Marilyn, passed away earlier this week and Debbie has gone to Texas to attend the funeral. EE depends on Debbie a lot so we want to take care of her during this time in the best way we know how - through prayer.

Thanks and In His Service...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home