P J's Notes

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday...errands and stuff

It's 12:30 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. I got back from lunch a few minutes ago and thought I'd post an update...

I called Cingular Wireless again this morning, as overnight I realized I had questions about the changes I made to my account yesterday. I talked with a Customer Service Representative and he cleared up my confusion and then suggested that I drop the 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. calls - I had been paying $7 extra per month for the privilege of having my nights and weekends start at 7 p.m. instead of 9 p.m. With over 3K in rollover minutes, he said I didn't need that right now. So, I authorized him to drop it off. And, while we were discussing things, I asked about getting my bill paid - told him I had changed banks and didn't have my new debit card yet. Well - I went ahead and paid the bill as a bank draft on my CU checking account so as to stop the auto pay attached to my former account - so the computer wouldn't attempt to draft it out of that account and cause an NSF fee or something like that.

I checked online and found that my new flip cell phone was picked up by FedEx and arrived at their Memphis facility overnight. It should be here in Jackson and delivered to me tomorrow sometime. I forgot to tell Jean, the building manager, when I went home at lunch, that I'm expecting a package from Cingular to be delivered tomorrow by FedEx. I'll tell her or Lena (the housekeeper) this evening. Jean signs for almost every package that comes in anyway.

I went home - well actually over to see Chris - and while in there, I stopped in Jean's office and dropped off my February, 2006 rent check. Then I went to see Chris and got her car keys. I drove down to the Credit Union and made a deposit, then went over to the post office to get a money order to pay a bill - I could pay it either online or by money order. I decided to pay it via money order. I had some other things to mail while there - now all that's taken care of.

Then, when I was done at the post office, I went down to CVS Pharmacy - at Chris' request. She had ordered a refill of a prescription and since she still can't drive because of her foot surgery, she asked me to go pick it up and gave me a check made out to CVS and signed, but the amount was blank. She called them to let them know I was coming to pick it up for her - they know me as I do business there too.

While I was in the store, Chris called to see where I was - she was hoping to catch me before I had left the pharmacy to come back home. She wanted me to pick something else up for her - a couple of packs of 90 minute cassette tapes. I found and got them and then went to get the prescription and also some things I wanted. I paid for my stuff, then paid for Chris' stuff, then discovered they had 12 packs of certain soft drinks on sale 3 for $8 and so I got 3 of them at that price.

When I returned to the apartment building, I went and parked and hauled everything inside and then went out to Chris' with her stuff. After a few minutes, I went up to my apartment and unloaded the drinks and brought the other stuff I got back to work. I was a little late, but that was okay...

Claude and Allan are in the house and Purvis is at lunch; otherwise, it's quiet around here. I may try to read this afternoon if I have sufficient downtime. The book I'm still working on is Walking the Bible: A Journey By Land Through The Five Books Of Moses by Bruce Feiler. I'm enjoying it - it's a very good book, it's just taking a while to get through.

This is it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home