P J's Notes

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tuesday Night...

Tuesday night was unusual - there was no EE, as we were taking Spring Break. That was Ronnie's decision. I was glad to have the night free, but it seemed strange not to be going out on visits at the same time.

Well, when I got in last night, I found Chris and Romeo in the lobby. She and Lena were visiting; she had just returned from walking Romeo. He grabbed the handle of his leash and began looking at me - the stinker wanted me to take him again! I didn't, though.

Chris told me she was going to Wal*Mart and asked if I wanted to go with her. After a few minutes, I went up to my apartment and dropped my bag and checked on Sukiey, then came back down and met up with Chris. We headed out to the Wal*Mart in Pearl to do some shopping.

We stopped at an area where there were sports cards and supplies; I picked out several packs of cards - basketball and hockey - and finally found some card pages. I told Chris that I needed a 3 ring binder - to put the pages in.

Then, we started browsing some - and made our way to the pet stuff area. We picked out more cat food - 9 Lives. Since I already have several cans of chicken, I decided Sukiey may be tiring of chicken, so I got her 2 packages of other 9 Lives canned cat food. I hope she'll like them - I have another serving left in the can that's open, so I'll give her that tomorrow and then on Friday I'll try her on a new can. Chris also bought some 9 Lives. And, she insisted on buying a scratch pad with catnip for Sukiey.

After spending some time in that area, we went on to the entertainment area. Chris' reason for going in the first place was to purchase a VCR for Jean, the resident manager, for her upcoming birthday. She went looking at the VCR selection and I went looking for and found a copy of Alan Jackson's Precious Memories - his new Gospel music CD. I inquired about getting the photo of Sukiey taken off my phone's camera - printed, that is. The guy at the camera area said unless my phone is Bluetooth enabled, they couldn't do it. I told him it wasn't because I don't really know if it is or not. I'll have to check on that.

We made our way through other areas of the store - I got the 3 ring binder I needed. Finally we reached the check out and were indeed checked out and headed to the car. It was after 9:00 p.m. by the time we left Wal*Mart. We stopped to pick up something to eat at Krystal on the way back to Sterling.

By the time I got to my apartment and and unloaded the bags, it was after 10:00 p.m. I had a couple more tasks before going to bed. I put the scratch pad out for Sukiey and she went wild over it. Overnight she spent more time in the bed with me than on previous nights. Then, this morning when the alarm clock went off, I got up and fixed her breakfast and put it down for her, then fixed mine. She went to town eating. I told her I would be home around lunchtime to check on her.

Sukiey is really adjusting and acclimating herself to living me (or maybe it's me living with her). I was playing with her in the bed this morning and she was very much enjoying that. Chris said that Sukiey deserves to have me after what she's been through in the past with her previous "owners". I suppose that was a compliment, I'll take it as such.

This is about it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home