P J's Notes

Monday, March 20, 2006

My First Long Weekend...

First of all, I left out of here at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday and went on upstairs after talking with Chris. She was in the lobby and they were having a birthday lunch for Jean. I wasn’t invited and I didn’t try to invite myself. I’m not a part of “Jean’s clique” and don’t even want to be. I went up and changed clothes, then hung out with Sukiey afterwards. When the lunch was over, Chris called me. We discussed the idea of going ahead and telling Jean about Sukiey. It was finally decided that we would – or rather Chris would – and so she went back to Jean’s office to do that, as she had gone home to call me.


Chris went back to see Jean and she informed her that I had Sukiey and that I had been keeping her on a “trial basis” to see how it would work out – if she and I would bond. She told Jean that we had indeed bonded and that I wanted to keep the cat, so she wanted Jean to know that I have her. They discussed the business of my putting down a pet deposit and that would cause my rent to increase by $25.00 per month. Well – Jean finally told Chris for me not to put down the deposit because if I did, Lee would begin expecting the extra $25.00 per month in rent. Frankly – I don’t think that place is worth $475.00 per month (what I pay now) – let alone $500.00!

After talking with Jean, Chris went back to her apartment and called me. She told me what the results of the discussion with Jean were. We decided that we would go ahead that afternoon and take Sukiey to the vet (Dr. Troy Majure) instead of waiting till Friday around mid-morning. So, Chris came up and we “captured” Sukiey and got her in the carry cage and we took her down – via the elevator – and had to listen to her squall the entire way down. Sukiey doesn’t like the elevator but I’m not sure why. Chris says it has to do with the movement involved.

Once we got out of the elevator with her, she calmed down. Chris showed Sukiey to Jean so she would know what cat Chris was referring to and I went for my mail. I found that the order of address cards had come in and so I took the mail with me when we left to go to the vet’s office. She was completely calm the entire trip to the vet and while at the office. She didn’t cut up or try to fight while Dr. Beth Boyd (one of Dr. Majure’s associates) was examining her.

Dr. Boyd weighed her and told us Sukiey weighs 8 pounds. She also tested her for feline hiv and it came back negative, so she gave her the vaccine and told us we would need to bring her back in 3 weeks for a booster and then 3 weeks after that for another booster, then she would be good for a year. She checked Sukiey’s heart, lungs, and whatever else they check on a cat. Dr. Boyd also gave her the usual shots – rabies and whatever else. Sukiey has an appointment on April 6th for the feline hiv vaccine booster. Dr. Boyd said we should use a product called Revolution on Sukiey to treat her for heartworms and fleas; I bought one package and will get another when I take her back for her booster in April.

When we finished at the vet’s office, we loaded Sukiey back up in her cage – she was more than willing to get in it because she knew it meant she was going home. J J Then we left there and went in search of something to eat. We wound up at Captain D’s – Sukiey was good and calm the whole time we were out with her. When we returned to Sterling, and got back in the elevator with her, she began squalling again. But – once we got out of the elevator and let her out of the cage in my apartment, she was fine.

Thursday night she was kind of drowsy – from all the shots she had gotten and the bit of blood drawn to test for the feline hiv. She was running a little fever too. Sukiey stayed in the bed close to me instead of getting in her “hidey-hole”. I said something to Chris about it and she said that perhaps, if Sukiey wasn’t feeling better Friday afternoon, we could call Dr. Majure and ask him about giving her an aspirin. An aspirin to a cat?!

Friday morning I got up and fed Sukiey, then went and did my laundry while Chris went and helped her friend Rose. She doesn’t drive much and she’s elderly, so Chris takes her to do errands and stuff. Well, when Chris came back, I was done. She and I left out and we knew that I was missing Sukiey’s rabies tag they had given me. We stopped by Dr. Majure’s and sure enough, I had left it on the counter when we left the day before. They gave it to me and I pocketed it this time.

When we left Dr. Majure’s office, we went over to Bill’s Coin Shop. They didn’t have the Nebraska quarters in yet – I would’ve been surprised if they had – but while there, we purchased the Jefferson nickels from 2005 that weren’t meant for circulation, I purchased a Walking Liberty silver dollar – yes 2006 silver dollar – it has one ounce of fine silver in it and it came in a holder and it’s brilliant uncalculated. It cost between $14-15. I also wound up with 3 Kennedy halves: 1971, 1974 and the bicentennial issue of 1976. Chris made some purchases as well.

Upon leaving there, we headed up to the Junction Shopping Center. There we parked in the Target area and I went in to get a few items: baking soda (Aunt Tootie had told me that I should put it in the bottom of the litter pan prior to putting a liner bag in the pan); shaving cream, a new Wisp and refills; and I also bought a pack of refill cartridges for my new razor as they were 50 cents cheaper at Target than at Wal*Mart. I had a difficult time believing Target was that much cheaper on something!

When I was done, we moved the car over to PetSmart and I got a package of cat treats for Sukiey; Chris got some things she needed there as well. Then, we went to Books-A-Million and I purchased some magazines and we stopped for lunch, then went back to Sterling. I hung out with Sukiey for the remainder of the day and also did some reading. I discovered a flea on Sukiey, so I told Chris and we decided that Saturday we would put the Revolution on her.

Saturday morning we headed out to the newspaper site and did the newspapers – we finished earlier than usual – about 1:00 p.m. From there we went to Ryan’s for lunch, then down the street to Bass Pro Shop. There I purchased some birthday cards, a Bass Pro sweatshirt and a can cooler, plus I got a rewards card. From that point we went to a Cingular and were able to get one of the techs there to show me how to send photos I took with my phone’s camera to people by e-mail.

Then we went home to Sterling and put the Revolution on Sukiey – she wasn’t real thrilled for a while, but she got over it. I had a hard time getting her to get up – she was laying on top of me on the couch – when I was ready to go to bed. She squalled at me for making her move!

Sunday morning I called Chris and she said she wasn’t feeling good and that I should take her car – so I took her car to church and was going to come back and get her, but she left me a voice mail that I got before leaving Sunday school and so I went on to CVS to get my prescriptions and then went to Taco Bell and picked up lunch before returning home and bringing her the keys back.

I hung out at home the remainder of the day – it was nippy, chilly, rainy, damp and wet. I didn’t care to get back out in it for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home