P J's Notes

Monday, April 10, 2006

On the way to lunch...and then afterwards,,,,

As we were walking past the Capitol to and from the luncheon, we passed a rally being held on the steps of the Capitol. I’m sure you’ve heard all about the immigration reform rallies that are being held all over the country. Well – Jackson is not being left out. That’s what was going on at the Capitol and news crews from channels 3, 12 and 16 were there to cover it. It seemed that people kept arriving and the crowd kept growing. I think there were some there who were counter-protesting, too.

When I got back from lunch, one of the things I did was to log on The Animal Rescue Site and I wound up placing an order for a lanyard and a teddy bear. They were having a special – shipping is 1¢ for today only for all U.S. orders. I wasn’t sure about that – but sure enough on the invoice and the confirmation I received via e-mail, they showed $2.95 for shipping and then a credit for $2.94 – so indeed, I was only charged 1¢ for the shipping. Hmm…I’ll be looking forward to receiving the lanyard and the bear. There were a few other items I would’ve liked to have purchased, but… The e-mail indicated that my order provides 28 bowls of food for animals in sanctuaries and shelters. And speaking of, when I checked out at Pet Smart on Friday, I was given the option to donate $1.00 to animal charities and I did. I’m just passionate about animals and being kind and loving to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home