P J's Notes

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Updates

Gee whiz...I didn't realize it had been so long between entries.

Here goes with my trying to get caught up here...


Sukiey went to the vet on the 27th and got her final booster of the feline HIV vaccine. She was well behaved and they didn't even take her out of the cage to give it to her.

Later in the day, Chris and I picked up her friend Ouida and went shopping at Wal*Mart in Pearl. Then, we took Ouida home and stopped at Krystal for dinner on our way home.

I got over to the Clark Building around 8:45 a.m. and circulated – checking to be sure everything was “on go”. Gary had his grill set up and ready to go in the corner of the parking lot. I went in the Data Services Conference Room – which is where the folks who were going to make the hamburger patties and cut the sausage up were to meet. They weren’t in there yet, but I left the box of gloves that I got for them.

Then I went up to Myra’s office to talk with her and also stopped in Claude’s office for a few minutes. On my way back down, I went by the DS Room again and they were in there and had started work. I had my camera along – I took a few pictures. I went on out to check with Gary, the chef, and he was manning the grill – getting it ready. I got shots there. Then I went in to check with Kathy and Michele – and from there up to the 12th floor of the REL to check on the status of the ballroom.

Things kind of got fumbled. The lady over at Finance and Administration who handles the reservations of facilities wasn’t in that day; she didn’t leave instructions for her people about our plans, so we had to make them track her down and find out what to do. Their folks came over and got us set up after we ran another group out of there who shouldn’t have been using the room in the first place.

Once all this was done, things settled down and the rest of the cookout went off without a hitch or glitch. The sausage and hamburgers and other fixings and desserts and stuff were brought up and the line formed – some 65-70 people showed up out of a 90+ membership – and the food was devoured, although there was more sausage leftover than expected. We received a number of positive comments regarding the job we did in putting the cookout on and they were pleased with how we did it.

Around 1:30 p.m. I left and went home and took my LSU jersey off and hung it back up. I stayed around the house for the remainder of the day and that was about it. Chris called me around 10 p.m. and said that we didn’t need to be at the newspaper site till 10:00 a.m., so Saturday morning we stopped at CVS and dropped in my refill requests and a roll of film to be processed.

Chris was going to attempt to visit someone she knows who is in the Flowood Women’s Jail and I sat in the car while she went in, but she came back pretty quickly saying that there were no visitors allowed on the last weekend of the month. Well – this was the last weekend. Then we stopped at Krystal for breakfast and got to the newspaper site at 10:00 a.m. We got started – I did 2 routes and that was all I could handle. I ended waiting on Chris to finish – and we were there till 7:00 p.m. I wasn’t a happy camper – since it was pouring down rain.

Sunday morning Chris dropped me at Church and picked me up afterward – and we went to CVS to get my prescriptions and hers, plus the photos. Later in the afternoon we went to Walgreens to see about some stuff they had on sale, but they were out of stock on it. We came home and I went up to my apartment and retired for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home