P J's Notes

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Last night and Today

Good afternoon - it's just past 12:30 p.m. in my time zone. It's just Purvis and me in the "house" at the present time.

Last night Michele dropped me off at Church for the Evangelism Explosion kickoff meeting. There was a crowd - Debbie had warned me that we had a lot of new faces. Well we had some 50 or so people in attendance - about double last semester. My ex-fiancee (William) showed up and registered. He has done EE preveiously, so he's qualified to be a trainer like I am. Since he hadn't preregistered, Debbie was unable to warn me that he would be participating this semester.

I participated in a demonstration of the Gospel presentation last night with Dot, Vic and Ken S. as the EE team. I played the part of the lost person/prospect. They told me I did a great job playing the prospect - well I called Aunt Fran and asked that she and Uncle Pete pray for us about the demonstration. They did and God calmed my nerves and blocked out the fact that there were 50 or so people watching. I think another reason was that I know the presentation well enough that I knew what was coming next and so I was able to concentrate on Dot and Vic (Ken S. is somewhat of a wannabe comedian) and responded with them conversationally. I wouldn't look at Ken S. because I knew if I did I would lose it (my concentration).

Afterwards Mary gave me a ride home - it was around 9:00 p.m. I brought home the papers from the night plus a copy of the group photo from last semester taken at Eric and Tree's home. I'll post it on my refrigerator later. I put some of my favorite pictures on there - with the magnets I collect holding them on.

Bob is still acting rather childish after what happened yesterday. He chose to stay and wait for me to return instead of asking the bosses to hold down the fort for those few minutes. I'm certain he did it on purpose - so it would give him a reason to stir up something and try to get me in trouble. Why he would want to do that I don't know.

This morning Purvis asked me what time I wanted lunch and I said 11:00 a.m. - no, I'd rather 11:30 a.m., and he said that 11:00 a.m.would work better, so I said okay. I called Chris and told her that I could go to lunch at 11:00 a.m. and I would come and get her then. She said okay. As I left to go to lunch, Bob called my name and told me that on Tuesdays he goes to lunch at 11:45 a.m. I just looked at him and said okay and walked out.

I went over and got Chris and she had me to drive - we went down to the post office so she could mail her tax forms. After that, we made a trip to CVS so that I could pick up my potassium prescription. Then we came back and at Sterling, Chris got out and opened the gate with her card and I pulled through and into the parking lot and parked her car, then went to meet her and return her keys.

I was back to work before 12:00 p.m. so I was not late getting back today either. Bob didn't say a word to me, he just got up and walked out. I assumed he was going to lunch. That is downright childish of him - to refuse to communicate business things with me.

I'll continue at a later time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home